march drugstore favorites

Beauty Lab: March Favorites


I'm excited to share this month's drugstore favorites. I managed to squeeze in some time to make a Polyvore set of my finds. I love high-end cosmetics (who doesn't?!) but when you're balling on a budget, you find what works best for you. In my case, I love experimenting with amazing dupes. 

Click to below for more details and thoughts.


L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Secret No.1 Magic Perfecting Base
High end: Clarins Instant Smoothing Perfecting Touch

Both names are a handful to say, aren't they? I love this primer and can't say enough about it. On good days, I've got decent skin with the occasional hormonal acne. During those times, it really sucks when my skin can't be tamed. This helps make my face look smoother and air brushed, especially when applying a CC cream or foundation.

The only thing that I don't like about it is how you have to stick your fingers in the pot to get the product out. I highly recommend purchasing a little scoop for hygiene purposes.

Wet N' Wild Idol Eyes Cream Shadow in Pixi
High end: Clinique Chubby Eyeshadow Stick in Bountiful Beige

This is one of my all time favorite eye highlighter. I know it's supposed to be used as a shadow but I like to use it on the corner of my inner eye and bottom waterline for a bright look. It also makes you look more awake due to the shimmer. When it's on sale, it's only $1! I found mine at my local CVS.

NYX Round Lipstick in Fig
High end: MAC in Chatterbox

I love lipstick dupes. This pink color is nearly the same with Fig being a bit lighter and more shine. However it's not as long lasting as the MAC lipstick. I don't mind that it's not as long lasting since I'm always snacking on something and end up reapplying anyway.

Almay Nearly Naked Loose Powder
I normally use a clear silica powder or pressed powder to set my foundation. When I walked into Ulta, there was a "Buy 2, get 1 free" deal and obviously I got suckered into buying something. I really like how Almay is hypoallergenic and is for sensitive skin. I have to be incredibly careful with what I use or else I'll end up looking like a tomato.

The downfall about this product is that it comes in light or medium-which is hard because it leans towards a cooler undertone and I'm more yellow (NC25 to be exact). I got away with the medium as long as I don't use too much. It helps with oil absorption which was what I was looking for.

ELF Studio Blusher and Bronzer Duo
High end: NARS Orgasm Duo

I'd been contemplating for a while if I wanted to splurge and buy NARS "Orgasm" blush but since I'm not a blush person, I decided to find one close to it.  I figured I should test out a more friendly priced one just incase I didn't like the color. The ELF version looks pretty close to me and I'm glad I bought it. It gets thrown into my makeup bag when I'm on the go and don't want to carry both a blush and bronzer.

Thanks for reading! If you have any great drugstore finds, please feel free to share it.

1 comment

  1. Must look into the Wet N' Wild Idol Eyes Cream Shadow in Pixi!

    ReplyDelete

© commutecute

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.